Friday, May 24, 2013

Fabulous Flamingos and an Exciting New Direction!

I mentioned last week on my Facebook page that last weekend I would be working on something fun that I'd dreamed up while I was on holidays.  Well it worked!  Here it is!!


Yes, what started out as a plain cardigan with boring buttons, with a bit of imagination became this Fabulous Flamingo Cardigan!!!

Watching the little flamingos come to life was quite fun - a very different feeling to creating a garment.


As you can imagine, there was a fair bit of hand sewing to be done.  Luckily last weekend I had an appointment at the hairdresser which means I was sitting with nothing to do for about an hour and a half while the colour did its thing.  So instead of contemplating my navel, I did some hand sewing.

Yes, I get champagne and snacks at my hairdresser!

And Stella helped me sew on the buttons.

Helped or hindered - I'm not quite sure...

This whole experience has really excited me!  And I've been dreaming ever since about all the fabulous things you could put on a cardigan - cupcakes, bows, hearts, birds, flowers, bunnies, pineapples, strawberries - really the list is endless... all with felt, beads and sequins!!!

By now you're probably wondering what the exciting new direction is...  well as well as continuing to sew and blog I will be

MAKING THESE CARDIGANS TO SELL!!!!!

In fact, I'm already working on three Fabulous Flamingo cardigans - one size AU8 (US4), one size AU10 (US6) and one size AU14 (US10).  Once they are finished I will be listing them for sale on my Facebook page for AU$85 + postage.  If the response is good, I'll then be working on the next design!

I really hope everyone is as excited about this as I am!

If you could have anything embellished onto a cardigan, what would it be?

Beccie
xxx

20 comments:

  1. That sweater is gorgeous and totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariela - I glad someone else thinks so too! I'm so looking forward to creating more!!

      Delete
  2. awesome!!!! so excited for your new venture! wish you the very best of luck. will check out your facebook page.
    jealous you get champagne and snacks at hairdressers, i only get mint tea lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hairdresser has a wine list! It's fabulous!!

      And the cardigans will be on my Facebook page when they are finished... I'll keep you all informed don't worry!

      Delete
  3. I love flamingos! Would you consider selling templates of the appliques? I would love to make myself a flamingo circle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at this point honey, but I bet you could come up with your own :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love them!! Super cute idea. :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. O-M-G just soooo flippin cute! I'm so proud and happy for you! Love them to bits!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Wendi, I've already press old the size 10..... I hope you wanted one of the other two.....

      Delete
  7. Oh love!! If only they where bigger sizes tho :( I have a 45 inch bust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, the cardigans do come in bigger sizes (up to sz20 I think) and I'll be happy to take custom orders :)

      Delete
  8. Oh How cute and I love the colours! I would so love to see a cardigan with bumblebees :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beccie, did you make the motif from scratch yourself as well???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Soozi Qu - I drew a flamingo, and created all the pieces from felt, and then put them all together :)

      Delete
  10. I love it. What a nice end to a long day.

    ReplyDelete